Microsoft has done its best to make Windows 8 better than previous versions. However, problems arise in the apps on Windows 8. You might find yourself in a situation where you have no idea what to do in case an app creates problems. A number of ways can be helpful.
Following are the some suggestion that you can follow to fix the problems with an app manually.
Make A Checklist Of The Following:
You need to make a checklist of the following before going into the steps:
- Make sure that latest updates are installed on your machine. In addition, check whether any security program is not preventing apps from running.
- If you are connected to the group network in any office or institute, your system administrator might have turned off for the security purpose (of group policy). Contact system administrator if you feel that group policy is preventing your system to use any app.
- Check your Windows firewall. At times, it blocks the app to secure your machine from threats. Open Windows firewall and allow the app to work normally.
Follow the below steps to fix the problems with an app:
Update Your App:
At times, older version of the App does not work properly. Therefore, always update the app to enjoy its working in the Windows. In addition, you will find a notification in the Windows store whenever update is available for the app.
Follow the procedure to update the app:
- On the Start Screen, Click Store (Windows Store will launch)
- Click Settings
- Click App Updates (sign in to the Windows Store with your Microsoft Account)
- Click Check For Updates
- You will see the Updates (if available)
- Right click the App Updates
- Click Install
Sync The App License:
If the license of an app is out of sync with the installed license on your system, your app may stop working normally.
- Launch Windows Store
- Click Settings
- Click App Updates
- Click Sync License
Reinstall The App:
If the problem is not solves with above steps, it is good to reinstall the app
- Navigate to the App
- Right click on it and select Uninstall
- Click Uninstall (again)
- Click Store
- From the Windows Store, right click Your App
- Click the App you want to install
- Click Install
So finally, you have installed windows 8. I am sure it is a wise step to enjoy the latest features of Microsoft’s new product. In addition, you may still look for the different desktop programs that may work best in the new operating system. However, you can improve windows 8 performance by installing few necessary programs. Moreover, these programs are available to make your work easier. Often times, users find it difficult to choose the applications. Therefore, download and install the following programs. I hope it will work great for you.
1. Work Notes Pro:
It is a professional note taking application. In addition, it is designed for Metro UI. In this, you will be able to save notes, record audio/video clips, and images. You can make changes inside it for your ease. Moreover, you will get the choice to synchronize your data to SkyDrive account (your own).
It is an application, which is specially designed for tiles modification. In addition, you can make custom tiles on the start screen with your own choice of images. Moreover, these tiles may be simple, changing, or random. In addition, changing tiles are change after a particular time.
You may find different media convertor applications on the net. However, Format Converter X is more suitable for windows 8. It is an audio and video convertor app. With this app, you will be able to convert your audio and video file formats to other multiple formats.
AAC, WMA, MP3, WMV, MP4 are new conversion options you will find in it.
4. Digital Diary:
You would have experienced with the traditional old style text diary. In addition, Digital Diary is the digitalized version of that diary. However, in this you can save your photos, various events, and daily diary. Moreover, you will find following features in the digital diary:
- Password Authentication
- Dynamic Calendar
- Today’s Page
- Images of the Day
- Events of the Day
Users are always in search to find a best editing software for their pictures. That is why Fhotoroom is specially designed for the pictures editing. In addition, it is a professional app and designed for the touch interface. You will find following advanced editing tools: Styles, Color balancing, Frames, Crop, exposure, resize and more on.
Windows 8 is with numerous new features. Users are enjoying the new utilities and a new transformed form of operating system. However, they are still looking for the shortcuts on the Start Screen. Windows shutdown is the option, users want to access more quickly when they are done with work. In addition, whenever a program is installed, its tile is created on the Start Screen. However, some tiles are ignored. You can create tiles of your choice on the Start Screen. Moreover, there are many things you need to explorer and optimize Windows 8.
If you want to enjoy a great experience in Windows 8, follow the below procedure.
Create A Tile For Shutdown:
Here you will learn how to create a shutdown tile for quick access without navigating too much.
- You need to move to Desktop Mode
- For this, click the Desktop Tile or press Windows key + D
- On the desktop in any open spot, press Right Click
- Select New Shortcut
- Type “shutdown /p” in the location bar (this is done to create a tile for shutdown)
- Click Next button
- You can give a name to the shortcut, which is just created, or leave it with default name
- Click Finish button
- Once you are done, Right Click on the newly created shortcut and select Pin to Start
- After this, move back to the Metro Screen (start screen).
- You will find a new tile with name Shutdown
- It will work from now onwards. Moreover, check its working by taping it.
- Your system will shut down (if the shutdown tile is working)
Create A Tile For Installed Programs:
If you do not see tile of some installed programs, then follow the below procedure. You will be able to create a tile of your desired program.
- Move to the Start Screen of Windows 8
- Click on All Apps
- You will find all installed apps on your Screen
- Navigate to the Program, which you want to see on Start Screen
- Right click on it
- Select Pin To Start button
- A tile for that program will be created on the Start Screen
Microsoft Windows 8 is still in news although Microsoft is launching Windows 8.1. Users have queries about its features, usage, and applications. On other hand, we all know that Windows 8 is a good addition in the Windows family, especially for those who use touch screen laptops and Mac. However, it works great on desktop and traditional laptops. Computer geeks find their answers with quick move. In addition, an average user needs to find out answers of their queries in order to understand Windows 8.
Here are the some frequently asked questions with answers. You need to follow to get more know how about Windows 8.
How to Close an Application:
Generally, users have assumption that installed application from the Windows store slow down your system. This is not a fact; you do not need to terminate application. In addition, applications run in the background while you are performing any other action. Moreover, your operating system will automatically close these applications if you do not use them for long time while logged in.
If you want to close manually, then follow the below procedure:
- Click on the top of the Application
- Drag the application to the bottom of the Screen
- It is recommend that you manually close the application when ready to shut down the system
Why An Application Disappeared?
At time, you do not find installed application on the screen from the Start. It happens when an application is unpinned from the start. Follow the procedure to make it visible and easily accessible.
- Navigate to the Search charm
- click Apps from the list
- Enter the name of the application you looking for
- You will find the application in the list
- Right click on it
- Select “Pin to Start”
- Note: if you do not find application from the search and in the application list, then download the application from the Windows store.
What Is Running In Back?
After using the application, press Windows key. You will switch back to the start screen of Windows.
It does not mean application is closed. In fact, your application will still run in background.
However, you may speculate how to navigate to that application as there is no taskbar.
- Press Alt + Tab
- You will find the running application
- Moreover, press Ctrl + shift + Esc
- “Task manager” will launch, you can see all running applications.
Windows 8 has come under criticism from many quarters since its launch, yet consumers are still buying it, for better or for worse. At six months, the same number of licenses were sold for both Windows 7 and Windows 8, according to Microsoft’s own sales figures.
Microsoft on Tuesday revealed that its latest and greatest operating system had passed the 100 million mark.
Either you have upgraded to Windows 8 or buy a new PC or laptop of Windows 8; you can even boost up speed of Windows. Usually, problem arises when you upgrade to Windows 8 on existing PC. Old hardware can make it little slow but you can still optimize Windows 8 and get some speed to go a long way.
Disable startup program
Whenever your computer boot, it used to read programs that are on startup. These are programs that you have installed over the time and forgot to uninstall or disable at startup. Such kinds of programs are burden on your PC and you should deal with them as soon as possible. It will reduce boot time and speed up computer. You can do this in a simple way.
- Press Win + R
- Type ‘msconfig’ and press Enter
- Choose startup tab
- Uncheck programs that you feel unnecessarily loading
- Click Apply and Ok
- It will prompt you to restart
- Changes will take place once you will restart
Did you ever realize that how many decades have passed cleaning Windows registry. Yes, when you install a program and uninstall of no use, it does not delete its registry key and Windows read keys every time, which is burden on computer. Download free registry cleaner to fix registry errors and boost up PC. It does not require you to do it often but you can use whenever you feel computer slow down. It will not take much of your time.
Windows 8 has some animations that works when you minimize, maximize a window. You must have noticed it fade out and fade in when you minimize, open or close. It consumes your computer processing memory. You can disable this and can feel a faster PC. You can do this in a simple way.
- Press Win + R
- Type ‘Command’ and press Enter
- Now type SystemPropertiesAdvacned and press Enter
- You can view System properties with Advanced tab
- Now click setting button in Performance section
- Now you can see a performance Option Window
- 7. You can uncheck boxes on animations that you don’t want to see or you can use ‘Adjust for best performance’
- Click Ok
Use disk cleanup
Windows inbuilt utility software ‘disk cleanup’ can help you to make PC faster. It can also delete temporary files, empty recycle bin, and other items that are of no use. To do this,
- Tap search in right on the screen
- Type disk cleanup
- Click settings
- Now choose Free up disk space by deleting unnecessary files
- Now choose drive that you want to clean
- In disk clean up tab check boxes that you want to delete an click OK
- Click Delete files
You can speed up Windows 8 in various ways. If you think that these tips does not help and still your computer feel a load then you need to upgrade new hardware.