Regardless of your specific objective, keeping your computer safe from all malware is a crucial step towards PC optimization. Malware is a malicious software designed specifically to disrupt computer operations, and unsettle system processes considerably. In direst circumstances, these unwelcomed guests can go on to manipulate sensitive computer files and break down the host machine almost entirely. Therefore, it is of foremost importance that you realize the gravity of this issue and perform counteractive procedures right away.
Accordingly, this article mentions effective security tips that deal with combating one of the more infamous types of malware, i.e. Virus, and prevent your system going berserk anymore.
While there are different types of viruses, such as worms, macro-viruses, Trojans, or back-doors, each are consumed by the same motto; damage system information. These harmful elements enter the device largely through Internet and Removable Storage Media, and work by reading, corrupting, and deleting data. Eventually, the machine chokes on limited system resources and “dies out”.
To keep your computer healthy by fighting these enemies, the most proven method is to use Anti-Virus software.
This is a computer program that specializes in identifying, preventing, and removing malicious software from the PC. They have the ability to perform an in-depth computer scan, and eradicate any threatening menaces instantly. However, to gain full advantage of this tool, you should follow these tips that guide you for a proper usage:
- Do not run multiple anti-virus software simultaneously. This can not only conflict with their individual operations, but also burden your PC significantly. Consequently, you will start experiences countless system lags, extending to sudden crashes. If you have two security tools, immediately uninstall one
- Make sure you register your software or purchase full version (if necessary) to allow it receive updates. However, it would be recommended that you install one that supports free updating
- Ensure your virus-fighting is enabled to check for updates automatically. New viruses are scripted every day, exposing your computer to unknown threats with every fresh release. Updates will allow it to equip itself with better information and greater strength to remove malware
- Always keep you software in the ON state. This ensures real time protection throughout the day, destroying any encountered danger, at any time
- Perform regular scans, preferably once a week to obliterate any buildup of harmful ingredients
- After scanning and removing viruses, do not forget to run a registry scan through reliable registry software to remove remnants and empty keys of viruses. For that purpose, you can use Registry Recycler, which is free to use and fix registry issues.
- Download only the most trusted security software from known developers. Among the list of famous programs, Avast has certainly gained more respect from anti-virus experts. However, you can also use alternative programs including programs among which Norton Anti-Virus is considered the best.
Appreciating the phrase, “prevention is the best medicine”, it would be my recommendation that you adopt certain precautionary guards, and block any infections entering your system in the place. These steps include:
- Verify source of content before downloading
- Refrain from opening ‘fishy’ emails
- Scanning USB for any infections before opening the application
Prevention is better than cure which is why you are requested to keep your pc up to date to prevent any sort of threat entering the system.