Either you have upgraded to Windows 8 or buy a new PC or laptop of Windows 8; you can even boost up speed of Windows. Usually, problem arises when you upgrade to Windows 8 on existing PC. Old hardware can make it little slow but you can still optimize Windows 8 and get some speed to go a long way.
Disable startup program
Whenever your computer boot, it used to read programs that are on startup. These are programs that you have installed over the time and forgot to uninstall or disable at startup. Such kinds of programs are burden on your PC and you should deal with them as soon as possible. It will reduce boot time and speed up computer. You can do this in a simple way.
- Press Win + R
- Type ‘msconfig’ and press Enter
- Choose startup tab
- Uncheck programs that you feel unnecessarily loading
- Click Apply and Ok
- It will prompt you to restart
- Changes will take place once you will restart
Did you ever realize that how many decades have passed cleaning Windows registry. Yes, when you install a program and uninstall of no use, it does not delete its registry key and Windows read keys every time, which is burden on computer. Download free registry cleaner to fix registry errors and boost up PC. It does not require you to do it often but you can use whenever you feel computer slow down. It will not take much of your time.
Windows 8 has some animations that works when you minimize, maximize a window. You must have noticed it fade out and fade in when you minimize, open or close. It consumes your computer processing memory. You can disable this and can feel a faster PC. You can do this in a simple way.
- Press Win + R
- Type ‘Command’ and press Enter
- Now type SystemPropertiesAdvacned and press Enter
- You can view System properties with Advanced tab
- Now click setting button in Performance section
- Now you can see a performance Option Window
- 7. You can uncheck boxes on animations that you don’t want to see or you can use ‘Adjust for best performance’
- Click Ok
Use disk cleanup
Windows inbuilt utility software ‘disk cleanup’ can help you to make PC faster. It can also delete temporary files, empty recycle bin, and other items that are of no use. To do this,
- Tap search in right on the screen
- Type disk cleanup
- Click settings
- Now choose Free up disk space by deleting unnecessary files
- Now choose drive that you want to clean
- In disk clean up tab check boxes that you want to delete an click OK
- Click Delete files
You can speed up Windows 8 in various ways. If you think that these tips does not help and still your computer feel a load then you need to upgrade new hardware.