Windows is not just limited to navel features and gloomy graphics. It understands your needs and intended to provide every possible solution to make your life style better. You might feel little anxiety about your kids using internet and PC besides they are playing games, browsing web or doing homework. Windows 8 enables you to track what they have done on computer and what amount of time they have spent on an app.
Setting up Account
Family safety is an important part of Windows 8, you can keep track of PC, and set websites, apps that you want to allow kids. You need an administrative account to monitor kid’s progress on internet and creating their accounts.
Create an Account
You don’t need to create another account for kids if they already have Microsoft account and email address of outlook or xbox LIVE, you can add that account to family safety. Moreover, you can create a new account by following procedure.
- Get sign into your PC with administrative account
- Click or tap Change PC Setting from Setting Charm
- Go to Users
- Click Add a user under other users
- If your child already have an account just enter it, if you want to create a new click Sign up for a new email address
- If you want your child to sign in just using this PC then click Sign in without a Microsoft account
- Now click Local account
- Now click Is this a child account?
- Turn on Family safety to get reports of their PC use
- Click Finish
Get Someone else Parental Access
You can also add other people to parental access. When you add this kids can send permission request. You can do this in following way:
- Go to Charm bar
- Search ‘Family’
- And click Set up Family Safety for any user
- Now select Manage settings on the Family Safety website, confirm password if prompted
- Select list of family members under Family summary
- Now you can Add a new parent or Make a family member a parent
Any member of parent who see request first can approve or disapprove. It may arise some conflicts between parents. Finally, Windows 8 has this great feature to protect your children and provide you an ease of mind.
For more Windows 8 security features, click here.