Microsoft Windows 8 is the new generation operating system released by the tech giant. It has a number of improvements over its predecessors like Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Vista. Windows 8 startup time and booting time is very fast as compared to previous operating systems. It also features rich functions as compared to the previous versions. It has introduced a number of new features like sky drive, Metro UI, and touch mode, new task manager, Hyper-V client, Windows to go and much more. However, as there are Pros and Cons of every system, Windows 8 has compatibility issues with different standard programs, which the computer users use most widely. Therefore, people now are finding ways out to optimize Windows 8 for their desired programs.
PhotoShop is among those programs which is not showing really any great compatibility with Windows 8. A number of computer users are facing Photoshop cs3, cs4, and cs5 and cs6 compatibility issue with Windows 8. When you try to install Photoshop CS3 on Windows 8 at the beginning of installation process, there is no problem at all and it install smoothly on your computer. However, when someone tries to open it and do some work it shows you error message and operating system says, “Adobe Photoshop CS3 has stopped working.” Now what one can do to fix this problem? One can optimize Windows to fix Photoshop cs3 Compatibility Issues with Windows 8:
Windows 8 has a built-in feature to remove and fix the compatibility issues “Troubleshooting Compatibility.” Open it and run it. I hope that it will fix this problem. However, if it is unable to fix the compatibility problem follow the next step.
- Go to adobe website and look for an update to your version of adobe Photoshop, find it. It probably is name as “Application Patcher.”
- Download the Adobe Photoshop update file (Application patch).
- Before installing, make sure your Windows registry is clean and free of errors. For that, download and use this free Windows 8 registry cleaner to fix registry errors and proceed to next step.
- Turn off your internet connection and your Anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. Do not get worried file download from official adobe website is safe. Install the patch application on your computer. Right click to open it then click on run to start its installation. When the installation is completed, restart your computer, as the update file requires a boot to get started.
- Now we are done, Adobe Photoshop is running on your Windows 8 computer without any problem.